Our afternoon bee safari is the perfect introduction to the world of bees and beekeeping. The safari is for anyone who is curious about starting their own apiary and want to see if it’s for them, inquisitive bee lovers who want to learn more or those who just want to try something new! We welcome people of all ages, abilities and levels of knowledge.
- A chat about pollinators and understand their importance, taking a look at the challenges impacting wild bees and other pollinating insects and simple things we can do to help.
- A talk about the honeybee and what you’d expect to find in a hive, the food they eat, their behaviours and their dancing skills!
- A honey tasting, sampling different honeys and the way nectar sources can change the taste and texture and the added health benefits.
- Then for the best bit – jump into a bee suit and see the bees in action, maybe even spotting the queen!
- Finishing up with homemade cake and refreshments and answering any more questions about our wonderful honey bees.
Price per person
Not only are our team kind, fun and knowledgeable, they’re also qualified emergency first aiders for adults, paediatrics and anaphylaxis, so we like to think you’re in good hands. If you are a group, organisation or school aged young person and interested in coming on safari, please get in touch at [email protected].